LA Lakers mum on report Byron Scott offered coaching job
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Lakers Friday declined to comment on reports they had offered Byron Scott their head coaching job.
Scott won three NBA titles as the Lakers` starting shooting guard in the 1980s. He played in the NBA for 14 seasons, including 11 with the Lakers.
As a coach, Scott led the then-New Jersey Nets to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. He has also coached the New Orleans Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers, earning league Coach of the Year honors in the 2007-2008 season in New Orleans.
The Lakers have been searching for a coach since the resignation in April of Mike D`Antoni.
April resignation of Mike D`Antoni, after one of the worst seasons in the club`s history.
D`Antoni`s departure came less than 18 months after the Lakers brought him in to take the place of Mike Brown early in the 2012-13 campaign.
The Lakers under D`Antoni`s went a total 67-87, including a 27-55 mark in the 2013-14 season with injured superstar Kobe Bryant missing all but six games.
Their .329 winning percentage was the second-lowest in the Western Conference and the Lakers` worst since the 1957-58 Minneapolis Lakers went 19-53 (.264).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?