LA Lakers mum on report Byron Scott offered coaching job
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Lakers Friday declined to comment on reports they had offered Byron Scott their head coaching job.
Scott won three NBA titles as the Lakers` starting shooting guard in the 1980s. He played in the NBA for 14 seasons, including 11 with the Lakers.
As a coach, Scott led the then-New Jersey Nets to the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. He has also coached the New Orleans Hornets and Cleveland Cavaliers, earning league Coach of the Year honors in the 2007-2008 season in New Orleans.
The Lakers have been searching for a coach since the resignation in April of Mike D`Antoni.
April resignation of Mike D`Antoni, after one of the worst seasons in the club`s history.
D`Antoni`s departure came less than 18 months after the Lakers brought him in to take the place of Mike Brown early in the 2012-13 campaign.
The Lakers under D`Antoni`s went a total 67-87, including a 27-55 mark in the 2013-14 season with injured superstar Kobe Bryant missing all but six games.
Their .329 winning percentage was the second-lowest in the Western Conference and the Lakers` worst since the 1957-58 Minneapolis Lakers went 19-53 (.264).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list