Lajja Gauswami to lead Guj in Surendra Singh memorial tourney
Ahmedabad: Gujarat shooter Lajja Gauswami, who recently won silver medal at ISSF World Cup in Spain, will lead a 19-member state team to participate in the 13th Kumar Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championship.
The tournament will be organised between July 17-22 at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Ranges in
New Delhi, a statement issued by Gujarat State Rifle Association said.
Gauswami, who hails from Central Gujarat`s Anand district, had won silver medal in the women`s 50-metre Rifle 3 position event at the ISSF World Cup in Granada, Spain.
The team manager will be Krishankumar Baz, the statement said, adding that one Pravin Patel has been given wild card entry.
Other members of the team are: Komal Barot, Rushiraj Barot, Umesh Chevli, Harshal Patel,
Krushang Patel, Himanshu Gandhi, Tahir Malek, Shivang Brahmbhatt, Bansri Shah, Darshi Shah, Anju Sharma, Brahmapuri Goswami, Sehraj Vakil, Pulkita Nimbavaal, Saroj Jhat, Heenakausar Vora, Dushyant Padariya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister