Lajja Gauswami to lead Guj in Surendra Singh memorial tourney
Ahmedabad: Gujarat shooter Lajja Gauswami, who recently won silver medal at ISSF World Cup in Spain, will lead a 19-member state team to participate in the 13th Kumar Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championship.
The tournament will be organised between July 17-22 at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Ranges in
New Delhi, a statement issued by Gujarat State Rifle Association said.
Gauswami, who hails from Central Gujarat`s Anand district, had won silver medal in the women`s 50-metre Rifle 3 position event at the ISSF World Cup in Granada, Spain.
The team manager will be Krishankumar Baz, the statement said, adding that one Pravin Patel has been given wild card entry.
Other members of the team are: Komal Barot, Rushiraj Barot, Umesh Chevli, Harshal Patel,
Krushang Patel, Himanshu Gandhi, Tahir Malek, Shivang Brahmbhatt, Bansri Shah, Darshi Shah, Anju Sharma, Brahmapuri Goswami, Sehraj Vakil, Pulkita Nimbavaal, Saroj Jhat, Heenakausar Vora, Dushyant Padariya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police