Lajja Gauswami to lead Guj in Surendra Singh memorial tourney
Ahmedabad: Gujarat shooter Lajja Gauswami, who recently won silver medal at ISSF World Cup in Spain, will lead a 19-member state team to participate in the 13th Kumar Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championship.
The tournament will be organised between July 17-22 at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Ranges in
New Delhi, a statement issued by Gujarat State Rifle Association said.
Gauswami, who hails from Central Gujarat`s Anand district, had won silver medal in the women`s 50-metre Rifle 3 position event at the ISSF World Cup in Granada, Spain.
The team manager will be Krishankumar Baz, the statement said, adding that one Pravin Patel has been given wild card entry.
Other members of the team are: Komal Barot, Rushiraj Barot, Umesh Chevli, Harshal Patel,
Krushang Patel, Himanshu Gandhi, Tahir Malek, Shivang Brahmbhatt, Bansri Shah, Darshi Shah, Anju Sharma, Brahmapuri Goswami, Sehraj Vakil, Pulkita Nimbavaal, Saroj Jhat, Heenakausar Vora, Dushyant Padariya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption