Lajja Gauswami to lead Guj in Surendra Singh memorial tourney
Ahmedabad: Gujarat shooter Lajja Gauswami, who recently won silver medal at ISSF World Cup in Spain, will lead a 19-member state team to participate in the 13th Kumar Surendra Singh Memorial Shooting Championship.
The tournament will be organised between July 17-22 at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Ranges in
New Delhi, a statement issued by Gujarat State Rifle Association said.
Gauswami, who hails from Central Gujarat`s Anand district, had won silver medal in the women`s 50-metre Rifle 3 position event at the ISSF World Cup in Granada, Spain.
The team manager will be Krishankumar Baz, the statement said, adding that one Pravin Patel has been given wild card entry.
Other members of the team are: Komal Barot, Rushiraj Barot, Umesh Chevli, Harshal Patel,
Krushang Patel, Himanshu Gandhi, Tahir Malek, Shivang Brahmbhatt, Bansri Shah, Darshi Shah, Anju Sharma, Brahmapuri Goswami, Sehraj Vakil, Pulkita Nimbavaal, Saroj Jhat, Heenakausar Vora, Dushyant Padariya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?