Lakers lose to Philadelphia in NBA
Los Angeles: Though Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 36 points, LA Lakers still lost to Philadelphia 76ers 99-103 at Staples Center here.
Lakers had poor field goals, shooting only 39 for 94, and the three-point shots were even poorer, finishing three for 22 on the first day of the new year, reports Xinhua.
Philadelphia 76ers were much better, shooting 41 for 86, and eight for 22 from three-point range. Jrue Holiday had 26 points and 10 assists, Evan Turner donated 22 points and 13 rebounds.
Lakers guard Steve Nash contributed 12 points and 10 assists, forward Paul Gasol added 11 points and nine rebounds while Dwight Howard had 14 rebounds and seven points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!