Lakers lose to Philadelphia in NBA
Los Angeles: Though Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 36 points, LA Lakers still lost to Philadelphia 76ers 99-103 at Staples Center here.
Lakers had poor field goals, shooting only 39 for 94, and the three-point shots were even poorer, finishing three for 22 on the first day of the new year, reports Xinhua.
Philadelphia 76ers were much better, shooting 41 for 86, and eight for 22 from three-point range. Jrue Holiday had 26 points and 10 assists, Evan Turner donated 22 points and 13 rebounds.
Lakers guard Steve Nash contributed 12 points and 10 assists, forward Paul Gasol added 11 points and nine rebounds while Dwight Howard had 14 rebounds and seven points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH