Lalita Babbar to give Asian Marathon a miss due to exam
New Delhi: Mumbai Marathon winner Lalita Babbar will not take part in the women`s section of the 14th Asian Marathon Championship to be held in Hong Kong (China) tomorrow as she is appearing in her degree examination.
Only Binning Lyngkhoi, who had emerged Indian winner in the men`s section of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon last month, will take part in the Hong Kong event.
"Lalita will not take part in the Asian Marathon as she informed us that her examinations have begun and she is appearing in them," Athletics Federation of India Director M L Dogra told PTI.
A total of 41 top Asian marathoners from 21 countries will compete in the Asian Marathon Championship, which will be a part of the 17th Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon.
Out of the elite field in the Hong Kong Marathon, the best finishers among Asians nominated by their respective country`s federation, will be declared winners.
Individual participation from other Asian countries is also allowed but they will not be considered for results in the Asian Marathon Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security