Lalita Babbar to give Asian Marathon a miss due to exam
New Delhi: Mumbai Marathon winner Lalita Babbar will not take part in the women`s section of the 14th Asian Marathon Championship to be held in Hong Kong (China) tomorrow as she is appearing in her degree examination.
Only Binning Lyngkhoi, who had emerged Indian winner in the men`s section of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon last month, will take part in the Hong Kong event.
"Lalita will not take part in the Asian Marathon as she informed us that her examinations have begun and she is appearing in them," Athletics Federation of India Director M L Dogra told PTI.
A total of 41 top Asian marathoners from 21 countries will compete in the Asian Marathon Championship, which will be a part of the 17th Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon.
Out of the elite field in the Hong Kong Marathon, the best finishers among Asians nominated by their respective country`s federation, will be declared winners.
Individual participation from other Asian countries is also allowed but they will not be considered for results in the Asian Marathon Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why