Lalita Babbar to give Asian Marathon a miss due to exam
New Delhi: Mumbai Marathon winner Lalita Babbar will not take part in the women`s section of the 14th Asian Marathon Championship to be held in Hong Kong (China) tomorrow as she is appearing in her degree examination.
Only Binning Lyngkhoi, who had emerged Indian winner in the men`s section of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon last month, will take part in the Hong Kong event.
"Lalita will not take part in the Asian Marathon as she informed us that her examinations have begun and she is appearing in them," Athletics Federation of India Director M L Dogra told PTI.
A total of 41 top Asian marathoners from 21 countries will compete in the Asian Marathon Championship, which will be a part of the 17th Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon.
Out of the elite field in the Hong Kong Marathon, the best finishers among Asians nominated by their respective country`s federation, will be declared winners.
Individual participation from other Asian countries is also allowed but they will not be considered for results in the Asian Marathon Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof