Lance Armstrong did not come clean as expected: Oprah Winfrey
Washington: Oprah Winfrey, who interviewed Lance Armstrong where the banned cyclist confessed to doping, has said that ‘Armstrong did not come clean in the manner that she had expected’.
During an interview with, Winfrey said that ‘it was surprising to her’, adding that everyone in the team, the room, were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers.
She, however, said that the most important questions and the answers that people around the world have been waiting to hear were answered, and certainly answered, adding that she was satisfied with Armstrong’s answers, CBS News reports.
Reports have confirmed that Armstrong offered at least a limited confession in the interview.
Armstrong’s former team-mate Tyler Hamilton told ‘60 Minutes Sports’ that he and Armstrong used banned drugs and engaged in blood doping.
The International Cycling Union has said it has established a fully independent, external commission to look into the various issues and allegations against it, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore