Lance Armstrong did not come clean as expected: Oprah Winfrey
Washington: Oprah Winfrey, who interviewed Lance Armstrong where the banned cyclist confessed to doping, has said that ‘Armstrong did not come clean in the manner that she had expected’.
During an interview with, Winfrey said that ‘it was surprising to her’, adding that everyone in the team, the room, were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers.
She, however, said that the most important questions and the answers that people around the world have been waiting to hear were answered, and certainly answered, adding that she was satisfied with Armstrong’s answers, CBS News reports.
Reports have confirmed that Armstrong offered at least a limited confession in the interview.
Armstrong’s former team-mate Tyler Hamilton told ‘60 Minutes Sports’ that he and Armstrong used banned drugs and engaged in blood doping.
The International Cycling Union has said it has established a fully independent, external commission to look into the various issues and allegations against it, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'