Lance Armstrong did not come clean as expected: Oprah Winfrey
Washington: Oprah Winfrey, who interviewed Lance Armstrong where the banned cyclist confessed to doping, has said that ‘Armstrong did not come clean in the manner that she had expected’.
During an interview with, Winfrey said that ‘it was surprising to her’, adding that everyone in the team, the room, were mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers.
She, however, said that the most important questions and the answers that people around the world have been waiting to hear were answered, and certainly answered, adding that she was satisfied with Armstrong’s answers, CBS News reports.
Reports have confirmed that Armstrong offered at least a limited confession in the interview.
Armstrong’s former team-mate Tyler Hamilton told ‘60 Minutes Sports’ that he and Armstrong used banned drugs and engaged in blood doping.
The International Cycling Union has said it has established a fully independent, external commission to look into the various issues and allegations against it, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus