Lance Armstrong doping case: Five ex-teammates testify against him
Sydney: Five former teammates of cyclist champion Lance Armstrong have reportedly testified against the seven-time Tour de France winner in return for lenient sentencing.
The US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has given the five cyclists, including key Cadel Evans teammate George Hincapie, a six-month suspended sentence for admitting to doping and giving evidence against Armstrong.
According to News.com.au, the other riders named are Levi Leipheimer, Dave Zabriskie, Christian Vande Velde, and Jonathan Vaughters, and presumably there are others riders also involved in the investigation against Armstrong.
Earlier, the USADA formally charged Armstrong with using performance-enhancing drugs after re-opening a case against him after the review panel examined evidence. The case now goes to an arbitration panel for a decision.
Armstrong, who denied doping and cited that he has never failed a drug test, could be stripped of his titles and be banned from cycling if the doping charges are proved true.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?