Lance Armstrong to be banned for life
Austin: US Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Travis Tygart says the agency will ban Lance Armstrong from cycling for life and strip him of his seven Tour de France titles for doping.
Armstrong on Thursday night dropped any further challenges to USADA`s allegations that he took performance-enhancing drugs to win cycling`s premier event from 1999-2005.
Armstrong says USADA doesn`t have the authority to vacate his Tour titles. However, Tygart told The Associated Press that USADA can do it.
Tygart called the Armstrong case a "heartbreaking" example of a win-at-all costs approach to sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues
- Boredom in life triggers unhealthy snacking
- IPL 2016: Struggling Kings XI Punjab to replace David Miller with Murali Vijay as captain?