Lance Armstrong wants court to dismiss SCA lawsuit
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Austin: Disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong has asked a Texas court to dismiss a lawsuit filed against him by a Dallas promotions company seeking repayment of bonuses paid for winning seven Tour de France titles.
SCA Promotions had filed a 12.1 million dollar-lawsuit in February for bonus money, legal fees and interest paid for winning the premier cycling event.
The firm paid Armstrong`s bonuses when he won the Tour de France in 2002, 2003, 2004.
"SCA does not believe that any prior occurrences in its litigation history with Lance Armstrong bar its attempts to seek recovery through legal channels today," company spokesman Jeff Dorough was quoted as saying by a news agency.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach