Lance Armstrong wants court to dismiss SCA lawsuit
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Austin: Disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong has asked a Texas court to dismiss a lawsuit filed against him by a Dallas promotions company seeking repayment of bonuses paid for winning seven Tour de France titles.
SCA Promotions had filed a 12.1 million dollar-lawsuit in February for bonus money, legal fees and interest paid for winning the premier cycling event.
The firm paid Armstrong`s bonuses when he won the Tour de France in 2002, 2003, 2004.
"SCA does not believe that any prior occurrences in its litigation history with Lance Armstrong bar its attempts to seek recovery through legal channels today," company spokesman Jeff Dorough was quoted as saying by a news agency.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player