Lance Armstrong wants court to dismiss SCA lawsuit
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Austin: Disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong has asked a Texas court to dismiss a lawsuit filed against him by a Dallas promotions company seeking repayment of bonuses paid for winning seven Tour de France titles.
SCA Promotions had filed a 12.1 million dollar-lawsuit in February for bonus money, legal fees and interest paid for winning the premier cycling event.
The firm paid Armstrong`s bonuses when he won the Tour de France in 2002, 2003, 2004.
"SCA does not believe that any prior occurrences in its litigation history with Lance Armstrong bar its attempts to seek recovery through legal channels today," company spokesman Jeff Dorough was quoted as saying by a news agency.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors