Le Clos claims 100m butterfly gold
Barcelona: Chad Le Clos of South Africa claimed the 100 metre butterfly gold at the World Swimming Championships here.
Le Clos got off to a poor start and was well out of the medal placings at the turn as Steffen Deibler stormed into the lead Saturday, reports Xinhua.
At close, Le Clos looked out of contention before producing three massive strokes in the last 20m which saw him surge into first place as he touched home ahead of Laszlo Cech and Konrad Czerniak.
American Ryan Lochte, who had been fastest in qualifying, could only finish sixth.
Le Clos was delighted that he had followed the 200m butterfly title he won earlier in the week with the 100m crown.
"I`m very happy, I wanted the double for a long time and now I have got it. I feel good now. I was a bit worried about my fitness as I came here but everything has come good in time," said the delighted South African.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding