Le Clos claims 100m butterfly gold
Barcelona: Chad Le Clos of South Africa claimed the 100 metre butterfly gold at the World Swimming Championships here.
Le Clos got off to a poor start and was well out of the medal placings at the turn as Steffen Deibler stormed into the lead Saturday, reports Xinhua.
At close, Le Clos looked out of contention before producing three massive strokes in the last 20m which saw him surge into first place as he touched home ahead of Laszlo Cech and Konrad Czerniak.
American Ryan Lochte, who had been fastest in qualifying, could only finish sixth.
Le Clos was delighted that he had followed the 200m butterfly title he won earlier in the week with the 100m crown.
"I`m very happy, I wanted the double for a long time and now I have got it. I feel good now. I was a bit worried about my fitness as I came here but everything has come good in time," said the delighted South African.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY