Le Clos claims 100m butterfly gold
Barcelona: Chad Le Clos of South Africa claimed the 100 metre butterfly gold at the World Swimming Championships here.
Le Clos got off to a poor start and was well out of the medal placings at the turn as Steffen Deibler stormed into the lead Saturday, reports Xinhua.
At close, Le Clos looked out of contention before producing three massive strokes in the last 20m which saw him surge into first place as he touched home ahead of Laszlo Cech and Konrad Czerniak.
American Ryan Lochte, who had been fastest in qualifying, could only finish sixth.
Le Clos was delighted that he had followed the 200m butterfly title he won earlier in the week with the 100m crown.
"I`m very happy, I wanted the double for a long time and now I have got it. I feel good now. I was a bit worried about my fitness as I came here but everything has come good in time," said the delighted South African.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?