Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
New Delhi: Veteran star Leander Paes dropped out of top-10 after losing a place in the doubles ranking, while Rohan Bopanna slid to 29 following a steep loss of eight places in the new chart issued on Monday.
Paes, who lost in the second round of the Cincinnati Masters with partner Radek Stepanek, is now placed 11th and continues to be India`s top-ranked player.
Paes and Bopanna are the only top-30 players from the country in the world rankings while left-handed Divij Sharan, who is unchanged this week, is the next best at 111.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman is best-placed player at number 143, a gain of one place. Yuki Bhambri is second-highest ranked player at number 151. The Delhi lad is followed by left-handed Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan (295) and Ramkumar Ramanathan, who achieved a career-best rank of 301 today with a jump of four places.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza was static at number five in the doubles while Ankita Raina suffered a five-place loss to be at 281. She is followed by Prarthana Thombare, who gained eight places to be at 336th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan