LeBron James named US Basketball Athlete of Year
New York: Miami Heat`s LeBron James has been named the 2012 US Basketball Male Athlete of the Year after a successful year with one Olympic gold medal and the 2012 NBA championship.
The US basketball governing body announced the award at Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thursday, reports Xinhua.
James is one of just two players in the history of the game to win MVP (Most Valuable Player), the NBA championship and the Olympics in the same year, along with Michael Jordan.
"It`s an honour that I have been named the 2012 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year," James was quoted as saying by a release of the association. "It`s always an honour to represent my country. "
"I never do it to be recognized or to receive an award. I do it because I love my country and the game of basketball."
James is now one of three US players to participate in three Olympics. He has two Olympic gold medals (2008, 2012) and one bronze (2004).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan