LeBron James named US Basketball Athlete of Year
New York: Miami Heat`s LeBron James has been named the 2012 US Basketball Male Athlete of the Year after a successful year with one Olympic gold medal and the 2012 NBA championship.
The US basketball governing body announced the award at Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thursday, reports Xinhua.
James is one of just two players in the history of the game to win MVP (Most Valuable Player), the NBA championship and the Olympics in the same year, along with Michael Jordan.
"It`s an honour that I have been named the 2012 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year," James was quoted as saying by a release of the association. "It`s always an honour to represent my country. "
"I never do it to be recognized or to receive an award. I do it because I love my country and the game of basketball."
James is now one of three US players to participate in three Olympics. He has two Olympic gold medals (2008, 2012) and one bronze (2004).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan