Lee Chong Wei excited about IBL
New Delhi: World No.1 Lee Chong Wei said he is very excited to be part of the players auction for the $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) to be held here.
The auction will be conducted by London-based Bob Hayton for the Aug 14-31 tourney.
“Any step being taken to promote and popularise badminton is highly commendable. Indian badminton has produced some legendary players for the sport and it’s a great moment for all of us that India is taking a major step forward by conducting the IBL,” Lee Chong Wei said in a statement Saturday.
The two-time Olympic silver medallist said he is looking forward to playing with different nationalities.
“It will be exciting to play in different cities in India. I have been travelling a lot to New Delhi but this will be a new experience and I hope to have a great time teaming up with players from different countries. IBL is a new concept and will thrill the fans no doubt," said the Malaysian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations