Lee Chong Wei excited about IBL
New Delhi: World No.1 Lee Chong Wei said he is very excited to be part of the players auction for the $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) to be held here.
The auction will be conducted by London-based Bob Hayton for the Aug 14-31 tourney.
“Any step being taken to promote and popularise badminton is highly commendable. Indian badminton has produced some legendary players for the sport and it’s a great moment for all of us that India is taking a major step forward by conducting the IBL,” Lee Chong Wei said in a statement Saturday.
The two-time Olympic silver medallist said he is looking forward to playing with different nationalities.
“It will be exciting to play in different cities in India. I have been travelling a lot to New Delhi but this will be a new experience and I hope to have a great time teaming up with players from different countries. IBL is a new concept and will thrill the fans no doubt," said the Malaysian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP