Lee Chong Wei excited about IBL
New Delhi: World No.1 Lee Chong Wei said he is very excited to be part of the players auction for the $1 million Indian Badminton League (IBL) to be held here.
The auction will be conducted by London-based Bob Hayton for the Aug 14-31 tourney.
“Any step being taken to promote and popularise badminton is highly commendable. Indian badminton has produced some legendary players for the sport and it’s a great moment for all of us that India is taking a major step forward by conducting the IBL,” Lee Chong Wei said in a statement Saturday.
The two-time Olympic silver medallist said he is looking forward to playing with different nationalities.
“It will be exciting to play in different cities in India. I have been travelling a lot to New Delhi but this will be a new experience and I hope to have a great time teaming up with players from different countries. IBL is a new concept and will thrill the fans no doubt," said the Malaysian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?