Lee Chong Wei seals semis spot in Superseries Finals
Kuala Lumpur: World No.1 Lee Chong Wei secured a semi-final spot in the men`s singles event at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Superseries Finals here as China`s women players continued their dominance.
Lee scored an easy 21-6 21-8 victory Thursday against Thailand`s Boonsak Ponsana, to set up a semi-final clash with Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark, reports Xinhua.
"I have to be careful because Jorgensen has been improving and he is high on confidence. I have to defend well because he is an attacking player," Lee said.
China`s women shuttlers were undefeated in the second round. In women`s singles, both world No.1 Li Xuerui and her teammate Wang Shixian beat their opponents, while the two pairs -- Yu Yang/Wang Xiaoli and Ma Jin/Tang Jinhua topped their groups respectively with two victories.
However, China`s only players in the men`s singles and men`s doubles -- Wang Zhengming and Liu Zilong/Qiu Zihan lost their chance to qualify for the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?