Lee Chong Wei wins 5th Indonesia Open
Jakarta: Malaysia`s top seed Lee Chong Wei won the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier men`s singles title for the fifth time, beating German Marc Zwiebler 21-15, 21-14 here Sunday.
Unseeded Zwiebler was no match to Lee, who had won the tournament in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, as the 30-year-old Malaysian wrapped up the final match in just 40 minutes.
"I hope I`ll come back here next year. Next I would focus on the Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and, hopefully, I can still play in the 2016 Olympics," Lee said, after receiving $52,500 as prize money.
Lee had considered retirement after the London Olympics but is still aiming at the gold medal in 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea, to gloriously end his remarkable career.
The World No.1 is scheduled to next take part in the Singapore Open which runs from June 18-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah