Legislator apologises for remark at kabbadi coach
Gurgaon: A Congress legislator Saturday apologised for making a remark at national women`s kabbadi team coach Sunil Dabas here a day ago, police said.
Dabas, a Dronacharya awardee, fainted on stage Friday after former Haryana minister Rao Dharampal allegedly made a remark on her attire at an awards function at Dronacharya Government College. The incident led to the students` causing a ruckus.
"Both parties have reached a settlement after an apology from Rao," a senior police official told IANS on conditions of anonymity.
After the legislator spoke to her, Dabas, wearing a cream-coloured shirt and black trousers, lost consciousness on the dias, said a student.
The coach`s husband Vivek Dabas also claimed his wife fainted after the legislator made a remark on her clothes.
Workers of opposition parties the BJP and the Haryana Janhit Congress demonstrated outside Dharampal`s residence over the issue. The INLD too condemned the remark.
Dabas was admitted to a private hospital soon after she fainted and was shifted to Medicity Medanta hospital, where is currently undergoing treatment.
Vivek Dabas said his wife became unconscious after her heartbeat and blood pressure went up.
But Dharampal told IANS Friday he did not make any remark on the coach`s clothes.
"Maine to kaha tha ki beti tum bahut badi khiladi ho; bahut inaam tumne jeete hain; dhang se raha karo (`I just said that daughter, you are a big player; you have won many awards; you should behave properly`)," the legislator said.
Dabas heads the college`s physical education department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared