Legislator apologises for remark at kabbadi coach
Gurgaon: A Congress legislator Saturday apologised for making a remark at national women`s kabbadi team coach Sunil Dabas here a day ago, police said.
Dabas, a Dronacharya awardee, fainted on stage Friday after former Haryana minister Rao Dharampal allegedly made a remark on her attire at an awards function at Dronacharya Government College. The incident led to the students` causing a ruckus.
"Both parties have reached a settlement after an apology from Rao," a senior police official told IANS on conditions of anonymity.
After the legislator spoke to her, Dabas, wearing a cream-coloured shirt and black trousers, lost consciousness on the dias, said a student.
The coach`s husband Vivek Dabas also claimed his wife fainted after the legislator made a remark on her clothes.
Workers of opposition parties the BJP and the Haryana Janhit Congress demonstrated outside Dharampal`s residence over the issue. The INLD too condemned the remark.
Dabas was admitted to a private hospital soon after she fainted and was shifted to Medicity Medanta hospital, where is currently undergoing treatment.
Vivek Dabas said his wife became unconscious after her heartbeat and blood pressure went up.
But Dharampal told IANS Friday he did not make any remark on the coach`s clothes.
"Maine to kaha tha ki beti tum bahut badi khiladi ho; bahut inaam tumne jeete hain; dhang se raha karo (`I just said that daughter, you are a big player; you have won many awards; you should behave properly`)," the legislator said.
Dabas heads the college`s physical education department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog