Lennox Lewis vows to learn from `Murray mistake` if presents BBC sports award again
London: Former world heavy weight boxing champion Lennox Lewis has vowed to make amends and learn from his mistakes if he gets to present the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award again.
The retired British-Canadian boxer was handed the honour of presenting Wimbledon champion Andy Murray with the trophy last December, although he failed to take his cue from the presenter, which resulted in Murray picking up the award himself.
According to Metro.co.uk, the embarrassing moment was later laughed off by both the Scot and Lewis, although when one Murray fan asked on Twitter whether Lewis would make the same mistake again, he responded by saying that he always makes things right the second time.
Murray is the big favourite to claim the trophy again after winning Wimbledon this summer, while his rivals for the honour are likely to be double World Athletics Championships gold medallist Mo Farah and Tour de France winner Chris Froome, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued