Lennox Lewis vows to learn from `Murray mistake` if presents BBC sports award again
London: Former world heavy weight boxing champion Lennox Lewis has vowed to make amends and learn from his mistakes if he gets to present the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award again.
The retired British-Canadian boxer was handed the honour of presenting Wimbledon champion Andy Murray with the trophy last December, although he failed to take his cue from the presenter, which resulted in Murray picking up the award himself.
According to Metro.co.uk, the embarrassing moment was later laughed off by both the Scot and Lewis, although when one Murray fan asked on Twitter whether Lewis would make the same mistake again, he responded by saying that he always makes things right the second time.
Murray is the big favourite to claim the trophy again after winning Wimbledon this summer, while his rivals for the honour are likely to be double World Athletics Championships gold medallist Mo Farah and Tour de France winner Chris Froome, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside