Lennox Lewis vows to learn from `Murray mistake` if presents BBC sports award again
London: Former world heavy weight boxing champion Lennox Lewis has vowed to make amends and learn from his mistakes if he gets to present the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award again.
The retired British-Canadian boxer was handed the honour of presenting Wimbledon champion Andy Murray with the trophy last December, although he failed to take his cue from the presenter, which resulted in Murray picking up the award himself.
According to Metro.co.uk, the embarrassing moment was later laughed off by both the Scot and Lewis, although when one Murray fan asked on Twitter whether Lewis would make the same mistake again, he responded by saying that he always makes things right the second time.
Murray is the big favourite to claim the trophy again after winning Wimbledon this summer, while his rivals for the honour are likely to be double World Athletics Championships gold medallist Mo Farah and Tour de France winner Chris Froome, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach