Life ban on Jwala Gutta: HC posts matter for March 3
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will now hear on March 3 the matter concerning lifetime ban on ace shuttler Jwala Gutta by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) for alleged indiscipline.
A bench of justice V K Jain posted the matter for March 3 while granting more time to BAI to file its counter to Jwala`s plea against its decision to not allow her to participate in any international tournament in or outside India in view of the disciplinary committee`s recommendation for life ban on her for alleged indiscipline.
Earlier, the court had stayed the October 7 order of BAI after which Jwala was able to participate in the Denmark Open Tournament held from October 15 to 20.
On October 25, however, the high court had declined Jwala`s plea for granting a stay on the ongoing inquiry proceedings by a committee set up by BAI.
The BAI`s disciplinary committee has recommended a life ban on Gutta for trying to stop some players of her franchise Krrish Delhi Smashers from playing a match against Banga Beats in the Indian Badminton League in August.
Gutta had approached the high court challenging BAI`s decision to recommend a life ban on her for alleged indiscipline in the IBL saying, "The order has been issued in violation of settled principles of natural justice and fairness without giving her a hearing."
A controversy had erupted during the August 25 tie when Delhi Smashers had allegedly threatened to pull out against Banga Beats over the last-minute replacement of injured singles player Hu Yun of Hong Kong with Denmark`s Jan Jorgense.
Gutta, India`s leading doubles players, has won a world championship bronze and Commonwealth Games gold medal partnering Ashwini Ponappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city