Life ban on Jwala Gutta: HC posts matter for March 3
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will now hear on March 3 the matter concerning lifetime ban on ace shuttler Jwala Gutta by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) for alleged indiscipline.
A bench of justice V K Jain posted the matter for March 3 while granting more time to BAI to file its counter to Jwala`s plea against its decision to not allow her to participate in any international tournament in or outside India in view of the disciplinary committee`s recommendation for life ban on her for alleged indiscipline.
Earlier, the court had stayed the October 7 order of BAI after which Jwala was able to participate in the Denmark Open Tournament held from October 15 to 20.
On October 25, however, the high court had declined Jwala`s plea for granting a stay on the ongoing inquiry proceedings by a committee set up by BAI.
The BAI`s disciplinary committee has recommended a life ban on Gutta for trying to stop some players of her franchise Krrish Delhi Smashers from playing a match against Banga Beats in the Indian Badminton League in August.
Gutta had approached the high court challenging BAI`s decision to recommend a life ban on her for alleged indiscipline in the IBL saying, "The order has been issued in violation of settled principles of natural justice and fairness without giving her a hearing."
A controversy had erupted during the August 25 tie when Delhi Smashers had allegedly threatened to pull out against Banga Beats over the last-minute replacement of injured singles player Hu Yun of Hong Kong with Denmark`s Jan Jorgense.
Gutta, India`s leading doubles players, has won a world championship bronze and Commonwealth Games gold medal partnering Ashwini Ponappa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC