Limba lodges FIR against his one-time student
Jaipur: Olympian archer Limba Ram was allegedly duped of Rs 5 lakh by his student who also took away his Padma Shri certificate in the name of opening an archery academy in Hanumangarh.
Limba, who is now sports officer in Dungarpur district, lodged an FIR against the accused Praveen Sharma with Jyoti Nagar police station here yesterday.
"Sharma came to my contact in 2008 when he came to get training of archery at SMS stadium. He
was my student for one year and also had contact with me when I shifted to Delhi in 2009. He
convinced me to open an archery academy in Hanumangarh and took Rs 5 lakh to purchase a land," Limba told PTI.
"I was awarded Padma Shree in 2012, he also took away the certificate saying that it was required for completing formalities for setting up the academy but he neither purchased a land nor returned the money so I filed the complained yesterday," he said.
He said that the accused was not in his touch for the last one year.
Investigating Officer Omprakash said that the case was lodged against Sharma under sections 420 and 406 of IPC and efforts were on to contact him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday