Limba lodges FIR against his one-time student
Jaipur: Olympian archer Limba Ram was allegedly duped of Rs 5 lakh by his student who also took away his Padma Shri certificate in the name of opening an archery academy in Hanumangarh.
Limba, who is now sports officer in Dungarpur district, lodged an FIR against the accused Praveen Sharma with Jyoti Nagar police station here yesterday.
"Sharma came to my contact in 2008 when he came to get training of archery at SMS stadium. He
was my student for one year and also had contact with me when I shifted to Delhi in 2009. He
convinced me to open an archery academy in Hanumangarh and took Rs 5 lakh to purchase a land," Limba told PTI.
"I was awarded Padma Shree in 2012, he also took away the certificate saying that it was required for completing formalities for setting up the academy but he neither purchased a land nor returned the money so I filed the complained yesterday," he said.
He said that the accused was not in his touch for the last one year.
Investigating Officer Omprakash said that the case was lodged against Sharma under sections 420 and 406 of IPC and efforts were on to contact him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued