Lin Dan sails into last eight at Chinese National Games
Jinzhou (China): Badminton superstar Lin Dan moved effortlessly through to the last eight of the 12th National Games in China`s Liaoning province.
The reigning world champion, representing the People`s Liberation Army (PLA), trounced Tang Junxian of Guangdong province 21-8, 21-18 Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"I just want to tell badminton fans that this sport could make them very attractive," said Lin, who has expressed his willingness to promote badminton worldwide.
Lin won the gold medals in 2005 and 2009 editions of the National Games. This year he is again the hot favourite as he returned in style at the Guangzhou world championships last month after a year on the sidelines, taking the title after his arch rival Lee Chong Wei was stretchered off the court in the third set of the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what