Lochte sets new 200m swimming medley record
Istanbul: American swimmer Ryan Lochte set a new world record in the 200 metre individual medley at the world short course championships, winning the title in a time of one minute 49.63 seconds.
The five-time world champion, who also won 200m freestyle and 4x100m freestyle gold Wednesday, shattered his own previous record of 1:50.08 set in December 2010 in Dubai, reports Xinhua.
Japan`s Daiya Seto was second in a time of 1:52.80 with Laszlo Cseh of Hungary taking bronze in 1:52.89.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout