Lochte sets new 200m swimming medley record
Istanbul: American swimmer Ryan Lochte set a new world record in the 200 metre individual medley at the world short course championships, winning the title in a time of one minute 49.63 seconds.
The five-time world champion, who also won 200m freestyle and 4x100m freestyle gold Wednesday, shattered his own previous record of 1:50.08 set in December 2010 in Dubai, reports Xinhua.
Japan`s Daiya Seto was second in a time of 1:52.80 with Laszlo Cseh of Hungary taking bronze in 1:52.89.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!