Lok Sabha lauds Indian sportspersons
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday congratulated Indian athletes for winning 14 medals at the 2013 Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China and the women`s archery team for winning the gold medal at the World Cup Stage 4 in Wroclaw, Poland.
"I am sure all of you will join me in conveying heartiest congratulations to the Indian athletes for winning 14 medals, including three gold medals, at the Asian Youth Games which ended at Nanjing in China on Aug 24, 2013," Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said in the house.
The house also congratulated the Indian cricket team which Sunday won the Under-23 ACC Emerging Trophy held at Singapore and Sania Mirza for winning the doubles trophy at the WTA New Haven Open.
The speaker read out congratulatory messages for the women`s archery team which won the gold medal at Wroclaw.
"These accomplishments are a matter of national pride and will inspire upcoming sports persons across the country," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists