Lok Sabha lauds Indian sportspersons
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday congratulated Indian athletes for winning 14 medals at the 2013 Asian Youth Games in Nanjing, China and the women`s archery team for winning the gold medal at the World Cup Stage 4 in Wroclaw, Poland.
"I am sure all of you will join me in conveying heartiest congratulations to the Indian athletes for winning 14 medals, including three gold medals, at the Asian Youth Games which ended at Nanjing in China on Aug 24, 2013," Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said in the house.
The house also congratulated the Indian cricket team which Sunday won the Under-23 ACC Emerging Trophy held at Singapore and Sania Mirza for winning the doubles trophy at the WTA New Haven Open.
The speaker read out congratulatory messages for the women`s archery team which won the gold medal at Wroclaw.
"These accomplishments are a matter of national pride and will inspire upcoming sports persons across the country," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation