Lowering 9.4 seconds still the goal, says Bolt
Auckland: Olympic 100 and 200 metres champion Usain Bolt says his goal of lowering the 100-metre mark below 9.4 seconds still stands and hints at a possibility of it happening next season.
Bolt made his declaration Monday as he ended a whistle-stop promotional tour, which has seen the world`s fastest man on New Zealand soil for less than 24 hours.
The 100m and 200m world record holder has previously predicted lowering the 100m mark below 9.4s - 0.19 of a second below his current benchmark.
"There`s a possibility for 9.4s, there`s a definite possibility. I think this season won`t be so stressful, I can relax a little bit more, focus a little bit more," said the six-time Olympic gold medallist.
"It will be much easier without the pressure on your shoulders. I`m just going to continue working hard and pushing myself."
Meantime, the Jamaican athlete has told a news conference in Auckland that cricket is his "first love".
With the West Indies defeating Sri Lanka to win the T20 World Cup hours before Bolt touched down, the Jamaican acknowledged the career which might have been his.
"I love cricket, it was my first love but I don`t play much now. The only time I play now is with my brother," Bolt said.
"If I wasn`t in athletics I would probably have a career somewhere else in sport."
Having dominated the world sprint circuit for the last two Olympic cycles, the Bolt `pointing` pose and flamboyant pre-race behaviour have become internationally-recognised trademarks.
But Bolt insists he`s not cocky.
"People always say I`m cocky. The pose just happened, there was a dance and I put a swing on it. I continue doing it for the fans because they`re the ones who make us who we are," said Bolt.
"The gimmicks that I do are just to make me relax. When I get to the line it makes me relax and not worry. If you worry you tense up."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset