Lukewarm response for cricket in Incheon Asian Games
Mumbai: Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
"For upcoming 2104 Asian Games, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will be sending both men and women`s cricket teams," it has been mentioned on the FaceBook page of the Games.
"As for Pakistan, they will be sending women?s cricket team only," it adds.
Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) has already decided that it would not send any team (men or women) to the quadrennial pan-Asian sports spectacle that is to be hosted by South Korea for the third time (earlier editions: 1986 in Seoul and 2002 in Busan).
India had not sent any team for the Games in the previous edition four years ago at Guangzhou, China, where cricket made its debut.
Bangladesh men and Pakistan women won the gold medals in the 16th Asian Games.
Cricket will be run from September 20 to October 3 in the 17th Games in Incheon whose organisers were persuaded to keep it in the schedule by the Olympic Council of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?