Lukewarm response for cricket in Incheon Asian Games
Mumbai: Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
"For upcoming 2104 Asian Games, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will be sending both men and women`s cricket teams," it has been mentioned on the FaceBook page of the Games.
"As for Pakistan, they will be sending women?s cricket team only," it adds.
Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) has already decided that it would not send any team (men or women) to the quadrennial pan-Asian sports spectacle that is to be hosted by South Korea for the third time (earlier editions: 1986 in Seoul and 2002 in Busan).
India had not sent any team for the Games in the previous edition four years ago at Guangzhou, China, where cricket made its debut.
Bangladesh men and Pakistan women won the gold medals in the 16th Asian Games.
Cricket will be run from September 20 to October 3 in the 17th Games in Incheon whose organisers were persuaded to keep it in the schedule by the Olympic Council of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed