Lukewarm response for cricket in Incheon Asian Games
Mumbai: Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
"For upcoming 2104 Asian Games, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will be sending both men and women`s cricket teams," it has been mentioned on the FaceBook page of the Games.
"As for Pakistan, they will be sending women?s cricket team only," it adds.
Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) has already decided that it would not send any team (men or women) to the quadrennial pan-Asian sports spectacle that is to be hosted by South Korea for the third time (earlier editions: 1986 in Seoul and 2002 in Busan).
India had not sent any team for the Games in the previous edition four years ago at Guangzhou, China, where cricket made its debut.
Bangladesh men and Pakistan women won the gold medals in the 16th Asian Games.
Cricket will be run from September 20 to October 3 in the 17th Games in Incheon whose organisers were persuaded to keep it in the schedule by the Olympic Council of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside