Lukewarm response for cricket in Incheon Asian Games
Mumbai: Cricket has elicited lukewarm response from the full ICC members of the continent for the upcoming Incheon Asian Games with India skipping the event altogether and Pakistan electing to send only its women`s team.
"For upcoming 2104 Asian Games, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will be sending both men and women`s cricket teams," it has been mentioned on the FaceBook page of the Games.
"As for Pakistan, they will be sending women?s cricket team only," it adds.
Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) has already decided that it would not send any team (men or women) to the quadrennial pan-Asian sports spectacle that is to be hosted by South Korea for the third time (earlier editions: 1986 in Seoul and 2002 in Busan).
India had not sent any team for the Games in the previous edition four years ago at Guangzhou, China, where cricket made its debut.
Bangladesh men and Pakistan women won the gold medals in the 16th Asian Games.
Cricket will be run from September 20 to October 3 in the 17th Games in Incheon whose organisers were persuaded to keep it in the schedule by the Olympic Council of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you