Lusofonia Games: Portugal beat SA in women`s table tennis
Panaji: The sporting action at the Lusofonia Games in Goa began Sunday with Portugal blanking South Africa 3-0 in the women`s table tennis competition at the Paddem ground, here.
Portugal`s Motha Joana defeated Tavares Ruth of Angola 3-0 in the first match to begin the campaign on a wining note. Joana`s teammate Andrade Raquel overcame some jittery moments before prevailing over Somalinha Maria 3-2 in the second game to put her country ahead 2-0.
Portugal`s Sampos Marta dished out an emphatic performance in the next game to beat Albino Isabel 4-1 and win the tie 3-0.
The Lusofonia Games, which was declared open yesterday, has 12 Portuguese speaking countries participating in it. The events would be held across six stadiums in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you