Lusofonia Games: Portugal beat SA in women`s table tennis
Panaji: The sporting action at the Lusofonia Games in Goa began Sunday with Portugal blanking South Africa 3-0 in the women`s table tennis competition at the Paddem ground, here.
Portugal`s Motha Joana defeated Tavares Ruth of Angola 3-0 in the first match to begin the campaign on a wining note. Joana`s teammate Andrade Raquel overcame some jittery moments before prevailing over Somalinha Maria 3-2 in the second game to put her country ahead 2-0.
Portugal`s Sampos Marta dished out an emphatic performance in the next game to beat Albino Isabel 4-1 and win the tie 3-0.
The Lusofonia Games, which was declared open yesterday, has 12 Portuguese speaking countries participating in it. The events would be held across six stadiums in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog