Lyngkhoi finishes a creditable 4th in Asian Marathon
New Delhi: India`s Binning Lyngkhoi finished a creditable fourth in the Asian Marathon held in Hong Kong China on Sunday.
Mumbai Marathon winner Lyngkhoi clocked two hours, 29 minutes and 18 seconds in the marathon race. His effort was below his personal best of 2:17:32 which he had recorded when he won gold in the 2007 National Games in Guwahati.
Lyngkhoi, an armyman from Meghalaya, would have finished at the podium had he come up with his personal best or his timing of 2:21:51 he clocked when he won Mumbai Marathon last month.
Mongolian Ser-Od Bat-Ochir won the race in 2:17:56 while 2 Anoley Petrov of Uzbekistan (2:20:24) and Kenzo Kawabata of Japan (2:22:22) were second and third.
Lalita Babbar, Mumbai Marathon women`s winner, was to take part in the Asian Marathon in the women`s section but pulled out as she is appearing in her degree examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands