Lyngkhoi finishes a creditable 4th in Asian Marathon
New Delhi: India`s Binning Lyngkhoi finished a creditable fourth in the Asian Marathon held in Hong Kong China on Sunday.
Mumbai Marathon winner Lyngkhoi clocked two hours, 29 minutes and 18 seconds in the marathon race. His effort was below his personal best of 2:17:32 which he had recorded when he won gold in the 2007 National Games in Guwahati.
Lyngkhoi, an armyman from Meghalaya, would have finished at the podium had he come up with his personal best or his timing of 2:21:51 he clocked when he won Mumbai Marathon last month.
Mongolian Ser-Od Bat-Ochir won the race in 2:17:56 while 2 Anoley Petrov of Uzbekistan (2:20:24) and Kenzo Kawabata of Japan (2:22:22) were second and third.
Lalita Babbar, Mumbai Marathon women`s winner, was to take part in the Asian Marathon in the women`s section but pulled out as she is appearing in her degree examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'