Ma Long, Guo Yue among 175 confirmed for Asian TT
New Delhi: A galaxy of paddlers will be seen in action in the 19th Asian Table Tennis Championship with world number two Ma Long of China and compatriot Guo Yue confirming their participation in the November 16-22 event in Lucknow.
As many as 175 foreigners have committed for the event and traditional powerhouse China would be represented by a 24-strong contingent that comprises 12 paddlers.
Both Long and world number two Yue are all set to get the top billing in their respective categories.
Besides, the men’s competition will feature number five Wang Liqin of China, Japanese Mizutani Jun (12th) and Cheung Yuk (15th) of Hong Kong.
Chinese aces Li Xiaoxia (3rd), Liu Shiwen (4th) and Feng Tianwei (7th) would be the main attractions in women’s events in the tournament, which is being hosted by India for the third time.
Pakistan has also confirmed that a 16-member team, including eight players, would join India’s other neighbouring countries Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in the tournament.
A total of 24 countries, including Japan, Korea and Hong Kong, have finalised participation so far.
India have already announced a 20-member probables’ list, which consists of Olympian Achanta Sharath Kamal, woman national champion K Shamini and former national champions Subhajit Saha, Poulomi Ghatak and Mouma Das.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption