Mahadik appointed video analyst of Indian hockey team
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) Thursday announced the appointment of former India international Dhananjay Mahadik as video analyst of the men`s national team.
Mahadik, with 64 international caps, represented India in the 2010 World Cup in New Delhi, 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, 2009 Champions Challenge I in Argentina, 2010 Asian Games in China, 2006 South Asian Games in Sri Lanka and Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia (2010 and 2011).
"I am excited to be a part of the national coaching set-up. Asia Cup is a very important tournament for us and we have to win it to qualify for the 2014 World Cup. It will be a good experience for me to work under highly experienced Roelant Oltmans and M.K. Kaushik. I have played with many of the current player`s of the Indian team and will try to guide them with the best of my knowledge," said Mahadik, who was also the video analyst of the Delhi Waveriders during the Hockey India League.
HI secretary general Narinder Batra welcomed Mahadik`s appointment saying that in modern hockey video analysis is an essential element to get a complete biomechanical feedback of performance which serves as a valuable resource in player’s development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price