Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh in zonal junior hockey final
Mumbai: Maharashtra entered the final of the third Hockey India Sub-Junior Men`s National Championship (West Zone) played at the Mahindra Stadium here on Monday.
In the semifinal, Maharashtra registered easy win 6-0 over Chhattisgarh. Sumit Prasad scored three goals followed by Aniket Gurav (2) and Taleb Shah (1).
In the other semifinal, Madhya Pradesh defeated Bhopal 5-1. The winners scored through Arjun Sharma (20), Amin Khan (24), Sohail Zafar (57), Juber Khan (64) and Abhay Yadav (70) while Sarim Akhtar (7) scored the only goal for Bhopal.
Maharashtra will now take on Madhya Pradesh in the final Tuesday.
Semifinal results: Madhya Pradesh 5 (Arjun Sharma 20, Amin Khan 24, Sohail Zafar 57, Juber Khan 64 and Abhay Yadav 70) beat Bhopal 1 (Sarim Akhtar 7).
Maharashtra 6 (Taleb Shah 6, Sumit Prasad 43, 46, 56, Aniket Gurav 50, 63) beat Chhattisgarh 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire