Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh in zonal junior hockey final
Mumbai: Maharashtra entered the final of the third Hockey India Sub-Junior Men`s National Championship (West Zone) played at the Mahindra Stadium here on Monday.
In the semifinal, Maharashtra registered easy win 6-0 over Chhattisgarh. Sumit Prasad scored three goals followed by Aniket Gurav (2) and Taleb Shah (1).
In the other semifinal, Madhya Pradesh defeated Bhopal 5-1. The winners scored through Arjun Sharma (20), Amin Khan (24), Sohail Zafar (57), Juber Khan (64) and Abhay Yadav (70) while Sarim Akhtar (7) scored the only goal for Bhopal.
Maharashtra will now take on Madhya Pradesh in the final Tuesday.
Semifinal results: Madhya Pradesh 5 (Arjun Sharma 20, Amin Khan 24, Sohail Zafar 57, Juber Khan 64 and Abhay Yadav 70) beat Bhopal 1 (Sarim Akhtar 7).
Maharashtra 6 (Taleb Shah 6, Sumit Prasad 43, 46, 56, Aniket Gurav 50, 63) beat Chhattisgarh 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH