Mahi Racing sets the marker in official Testing
New Delhi: India`s first World Superbike team Mahi Racing Team India showcased their credentials as one of the front runners for the 2013-14 World Superbike season with an impressive performance in the first official testing at Philip Island, Australia yesterday and today.
The World Superbike season kicks off this weekend at the same venue and Mahi Racing literally set the track scorching with their performance over the two days of testing on Monday and Tuesday.
Mahi Racing`s top rider and three time Supersport world champion Kenan Sofuoglu of Turkey topped the timings in the first test and was overall second after four sessions with the fastest recorded timing of 1:33.384 while their second rider Fabian Forest of France registering the third fastest time of 1:33.614.
Yakhnich Motorsports Sam Lowes of Great Britain recorded the fastest time of 1:33.076.
Speaking after the testing session, Chairman and Managing Director of the team, Arun Pandey, said, "We are extremely happy with the way we performed in the first official Test. This is our first full year in the competition but our aim is to present a formidable challenge to the established teams right from the beginning. Now hopefully our riders will take the same form into the competition this weekend."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!