Maken assures petitioning paralympians that justice will be done
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken has assured petitioning paralympians that justice will be meted out them after receiving 8075 signatures from Pradeep Raj from Disabled power and a para athlete.
Raj, it may be recalled has started a campaign on Change.org. He told Maken to suspend Paralympic Committee of India officials who disrespected Indian Paralympians.
After receiving the petition, Maken told Raj that he is aware of the problems caused to paralympians and that he is awaiting a response from the PCI to the show cause issues to it in response to the petition.
"The show cause notice deadline to PCI issued by me after I got to know about the petition started by Pradeep on Change.org ends on 23rd September 2012. When I went to London to meet paralympians and participants the same concerns as mentioned by Pradeep in the petition were echoed by them.”
Raj said: “It was great to meet the Sports Minister and I look forward to his decision after 23rd September’ 2012.”
“The support Pradeep has gathered for his fellow athletes in India using Change.org is remarkable. Within hours he got support from citizens, organisations, para-athletes and paralympians.” said Change.org, campaigner, Tamseel Hussain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border