Makhloufi withdraws from athletics championship
Paris: Olympic 1,500m winner Taoufik Makhloufi of Algeria pulled out of next month`s world championships in Moscow due to a viral infection.
The 25-year-old has not trained for the past month.
Makhloufi became the latest big name to miss the worlds following the withdrawal of Kenya`s world and Olympic 800m champion David Rudisha and Jamaican world 100m champion Yohan Blake due to injuries.
Meanwhile, US sprinters Tyson Gay and Jamaican Asafa Powell have been ruled out after failing drug tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video