Makhloufi withdraws from athletics championship
Paris: Olympic 1,500m winner Taoufik Makhloufi of Algeria pulled out of next month`s world championships in Moscow due to a viral infection.
The 25-year-old has not trained for the past month.
Makhloufi became the latest big name to miss the worlds following the withdrawal of Kenya`s world and Olympic 800m champion David Rudisha and Jamaican world 100m champion Yohan Blake due to injuries.
Meanwhile, US sprinters Tyson Gay and Jamaican Asafa Powell have been ruled out after failing drug tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?