Makhloufi withdraws from athletics championship
Paris: Olympic 1,500m winner Taoufik Makhloufi of Algeria pulled out of next month`s world championships in Moscow due to a viral infection.
The 25-year-old has not trained for the past month.
Makhloufi became the latest big name to miss the worlds following the withdrawal of Kenya`s world and Olympic 800m champion David Rudisha and Jamaican world 100m champion Yohan Blake due to injuries.
Meanwhile, US sprinters Tyson Gay and Jamaican Asafa Powell have been ruled out after failing drug tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7