Makhloufi withdraws from athletics championship
Paris: Olympic 1,500m winner Taoufik Makhloufi of Algeria pulled out of next month`s world championships in Moscow due to a viral infection.
The 25-year-old has not trained for the past month.
Makhloufi became the latest big name to miss the worlds following the withdrawal of Kenya`s world and Olympic 800m champion David Rudisha and Jamaican world 100m champion Yohan Blake due to injuries.
Meanwhile, US sprinters Tyson Gay and Jamaican Asafa Powell have been ruled out after failing drug tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here