Malaysia, Scotland to host Champions Challenge 1 hockey events
New Delhi: Malaysia will host the men`s Hockey Champions Challenge 1 next year while women`s competition will be held in Scotland, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced on Thursday.
Both Champions Challenge 1 events are set to be held at the end of April, 2014.
"The Hockey Champions Challenge 1 2014 events for men and women have been allocated to the Malaysian Hockey Confederation and Scottish Hockey respectively," the FIH said in a release.
The men`s event will be held from April 26 to May 4, with the women`s event starting a day later and finishing on May 4.
Introduced in 2001, the Champions Challenge 1 is an international hockey event played every two years. Part of the champions series of events, the competition is a key qualification route to the illustrious Champions Trophy.
The winners of the Champions Challenges 1 in 2014 qualify for the Champions Trophy in 2016.
The men`s event will take place at the Kuantan Hockey Stadium in Kuantan, the state capital of Pahang on the Eastern coast of Malaysia.
The venue has previously hosted the Asia Cup in 2009 and a Hockey World League Round 1 event in 2012.
The women`s event will be held at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre at Glasgow Green, a newly constructed venue to host the Commonwealth Games next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos