Malaysian athletes charged with rape
Kuala Lumpur: Three young Malaysian handball players were charged on Thursday for allegedly raping a team official during the recent national games.
The players, aged 18 to 19, pleaded not guilty to the charge of raping the 20-year-old woman in an athletes` dormitory room on July 4 during the 2013 Malaysia Games.
The games involve the country`s top athletes under 21 years old. They face up to 20 years behind bars and whipping if convicted.
Local media reported that the victim had a drink with the suspects before the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'