Malhotra congratulates Archery contingent
New Delhi: President of Archery Association of India, Vijay Kumar Malhotra today congratulated the Indian contingent for winning gold and two bronze medals in the 3rd World Cup Championship at Medellin, Colombia, stating it will boost the archers ahead of future events.
"The 3rd World Cup-Medellin was the most successful event during the current calendar year 2013 and will certainly boost the preparation of Indian Archery team for future important events like World Championship, Asian Championship and Asian Games," Malhotra said.
Indian archery team today met Malhotra at his residence after returning from Colombia.
He applauded the efforts of recurve women trio -- Deepika Kumari, Laishram Bombayla Devi and Rimil Buruily -- for clinching gold by beating the Chinese team, which consisted two Olympic medal winners.
He also praised the compound men`s team of Rajat Chouhan, K Ratan Singh and L Hari Das for bagging bronze, and Deepika Kumari and Atanu Dass for winning bronze in Recurve Mixed event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen