Mamata Pujari to lead India in World Cup kabaddi
Patna: Mamata Pujari of Railways will lead the 12-member Indian team in the four-day women`s World Cup Kabaddi Championship commencing on March one at Kankerbagh Sports Complex here.
Announcing this, the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India Joint Secretary Kumar Vijay on Saturday said 16 teams including hosts India would take part in the four-day event.
The other 15 teams are Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Korea, Indonesia, Canada, Italy, Mexico, Malaysia, Iran and the USA.
All the 16 teams would be divided into four groups for preliminary round league matches and top two teams of each group will qualify for the quarter finals.
Korean and Indian team members have arrived here, Vijay said adding para-trooping by women`s wing of the Indian Air Force will be the main attraction of the opening ceremony.
Indian team: Mamata Pujari (Captain, Railways), Deepika Henry Joseph (Vice-Captain) and Suvarna Baratake (both from Maharashtra), Priyanka Negi (Himachal Pradesh), Priyanka, Pramila and Kavita Devi (Haryana), Abhilasha Mahatre (Railways), Rashmi Sahu (Odisha), Krishna (Delhi), R Naglaxmi (Andhra Pradesh) and Vindhyavashini Sinha(Jharkhand).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers