Mamata Pujari to lead India in World Cup kabaddi
Patna: Mamata Pujari of Railways will lead the 12-member Indian team in the four-day women`s World Cup Kabaddi Championship commencing on March one at Kankerbagh Sports Complex here.
Announcing this, the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India Joint Secretary Kumar Vijay on Saturday said 16 teams including hosts India would take part in the four-day event.
The other 15 teams are Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Korea, Indonesia, Canada, Italy, Mexico, Malaysia, Iran and the USA.
All the 16 teams would be divided into four groups for preliminary round league matches and top two teams of each group will qualify for the quarter finals.
Korean and Indian team members have arrived here, Vijay said adding para-trooping by women`s wing of the Indian Air Force will be the main attraction of the opening ceremony.
Indian team: Mamata Pujari (Captain, Railways), Deepika Henry Joseph (Vice-Captain) and Suvarna Baratake (both from Maharashtra), Priyanka Negi (Himachal Pradesh), Priyanka, Pramila and Kavita Devi (Haryana), Abhilasha Mahatre (Railways), Rashmi Sahu (Odisha), Krishna (Delhi), R Naglaxmi (Andhra Pradesh) and Vindhyavashini Sinha(Jharkhand).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20