Mandeep Singh hits a brace in India`s win against Germany
Malaysia: Forward Mandeep Singh found the net twice as India beat Germany 3-1 for their second consecutive win in the Sultan of Johar Cup, here on Monday.
India got off to a brilliant start when forward Mandeep Singh picked up two quick goals in the seventh and eighth minute.
Germany tried to reduce the margin in the 41st minute through Alexander Schollkopf.
India replied a minute later with another quick goal through Talwinder Singh putting on board 3-1.
Germans continued to press forward and created some moves but Indian Goalkeeper Sushant Tirkey denied any chance to the opponents.
Mandeep Singh was declared man of the match for his outstanding performance.
India will now meet Pakistan in their third league match on Wednesday.
India had beaten Australia 2-0 in their opening match yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon