Mandeep Singh hits a brace in India`s win against Germany
Malaysia: Forward Mandeep Singh found the net twice as India beat Germany 3-1 for their second consecutive win in the Sultan of Johar Cup, here on Monday.
India got off to a brilliant start when forward Mandeep Singh picked up two quick goals in the seventh and eighth minute.
Germany tried to reduce the margin in the 41st minute through Alexander Schollkopf.
India replied a minute later with another quick goal through Talwinder Singh putting on board 3-1.
Germans continued to press forward and created some moves but Indian Goalkeeper Sushant Tirkey denied any chance to the opponents.
Mandeep Singh was declared man of the match for his outstanding performance.
India will now meet Pakistan in their third league match on Wednesday.
India had beaten Australia 2-0 in their opening match yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics
- West Bengal Assembly elections: 4 bombs found in a polling station
- BCCI constitution is highly incapable of achieving transparency, accountability: Supreme Court
- West Bengal Assembly polls: Political parties go all out to woo enclave voters
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?