Manipur emerges champion in National Sepaktakraw championship
Kohima: Manipur on Wednesday emerged as the champions in both men and women`s team event in the 24th National Sepaktakraw Championship held at Indira Gandhi Stadium here.
In the final of the men`s team event, Manipur defeated Delhi in two straight sets to emerge victorious, while Manipur women`s team thrashed Nagaland by same margin to register victory.
Nagaland and Uttar Pradesh had lost to Manipur and Delhi, respectively in the men`s team semi-finals to be declared joint third-place winners.
In the women`s section, Odissa and Assam emerged as joint third after losing their respective semifinal matches to Manipur and Nagaland, respectively.
The championship is being hosted by Nagaland Sepaktakraw Association (NASTA) under the aegis of Sepaktakraw Federation of India (STFI) and Department of Youth Resources and Sports, Government of Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir