Manipur emerges champion in National Sepaktakraw championship
Kohima: Manipur on Wednesday emerged as the champions in both men and women`s team event in the 24th National Sepaktakraw Championship held at Indira Gandhi Stadium here.
In the final of the men`s team event, Manipur defeated Delhi in two straight sets to emerge victorious, while Manipur women`s team thrashed Nagaland by same margin to register victory.
Nagaland and Uttar Pradesh had lost to Manipur and Delhi, respectively in the men`s team semi-finals to be declared joint third-place winners.
In the women`s section, Odissa and Assam emerged as joint third after losing their respective semifinal matches to Manipur and Nagaland, respectively.
The championship is being hosted by Nagaland Sepaktakraw Association (NASTA) under the aegis of Sepaktakraw Federation of India (STFI) and Department of Youth Resources and Sports, Government of Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter