Manny Pacquiao’s knockout defeat starts new online craze `Mannying`
London: Manny Pacquiao, who lost his fourth fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, has sparked a new meme – “Mannying.”
Since Pacquiao was knocked out in the sixth round, Instagram users have been uploading pics of themselves mimicking the boxer’s prone body, the Daily Mail reported.
The images are not unlike Planking, a similar trend of people lying on things and mimicking wooden boards.
Unlike the rigid posture needed to maintain the plank, people who want to try Mannying can do it anywhere with a floor as long as they go limp.
Planking has spurred several other popular variations of people striking humorous poses in everyday settings.
Notable offshoots include Owling, Teapotting, Batmanning, and Horsemanning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble