Mark Tatum appointed NBA Deputy Commissioner, COO
New York: The NBA Board of Governors have unanimously approved the appointment of Mark Tatum as NBA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer.
According to a NBA statement Friday, Tatum will take on his new role Saturday when current NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Adam Silver becomes NBA Commissioner, reports Xinhua.
Current Commissioner David Stern left the office Friday after a 30-year spell at the helm. Stern took the role Feb 1, 1984.
The NBA also announced the promotions of three other league executives, including Bill Koenig, Sal LaRocca and Danny Meiseles, also effective Feb 1.
"Mark Tatum`s appointment as NBA Deputy Commissioner is recognition of the confidence our owners and teams have in his leadership ability and track record of success," Silver was quoted as saying in the statement.
"As Deputy Commissioner and COO, Mark will use his extensive industry relationships and knowledge of our game to help guide and grow our league."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security