Mark Tatum appointed NBA Deputy Commissioner, COO
New York: The NBA Board of Governors have unanimously approved the appointment of Mark Tatum as NBA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer.
According to a NBA statement Friday, Tatum will take on his new role Saturday when current NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Adam Silver becomes NBA Commissioner, reports Xinhua.
Current Commissioner David Stern left the office Friday after a 30-year spell at the helm. Stern took the role Feb 1, 1984.
The NBA also announced the promotions of three other league executives, including Bill Koenig, Sal LaRocca and Danny Meiseles, also effective Feb 1.
"Mark Tatum`s appointment as NBA Deputy Commissioner is recognition of the confidence our owners and teams have in his leadership ability and track record of success," Silver was quoted as saying in the statement.
"As Deputy Commissioner and COO, Mark will use his extensive industry relationships and knowledge of our game to help guide and grow our league."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan