Mark Tatum appointed NBA Deputy Commissioner, COO
New York: The NBA Board of Governors have unanimously approved the appointment of Mark Tatum as NBA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer.
According to a NBA statement Friday, Tatum will take on his new role Saturday when current NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Adam Silver becomes NBA Commissioner, reports Xinhua.
Current Commissioner David Stern left the office Friday after a 30-year spell at the helm. Stern took the role Feb 1, 1984.
The NBA also announced the promotions of three other league executives, including Bill Koenig, Sal LaRocca and Danny Meiseles, also effective Feb 1.
"Mark Tatum`s appointment as NBA Deputy Commissioner is recognition of the confidence our owners and teams have in his leadership ability and track record of success," Silver was quoted as saying in the statement.
"As Deputy Commissioner and COO, Mark will use his extensive industry relationships and knowledge of our game to help guide and grow our league."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill