Mary Kom awarded by Madhya Pradesh government
Bhopal: Olympic bronze medal winner in boxing, M C Mary Kom was presented a cheque of Rs 50 lakh by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at a function held here.
A total of 26 sportspersons were honoured with various awards given by the state government at `Shikhar Khel Alankaran Samaroh` held last evening at Tatya Tope Nagar stadium.
Volleyball veteran Ramlal Verma was conferred lifetime achievement award on the occasion.
Mary Kom in her brief speech on the occasion praised sports infrastructure in the state.
Recipients of Vikram awards by state governments were Dileep Singh Negi, Ankit Sonkar, Arti Khakhal, Shanu Mahajan and Surabhi Pathak and those of Eklavya awards were Guneshwari Dhure, Varsha Varman, Raghav Jai Singhania and Rohit Imoliya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control