Mary Kom awarded by Madhya Pradesh government
Bhopal: Olympic bronze medal winner in boxing, M C Mary Kom was presented a cheque of Rs 50 lakh by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at a function held here.
A total of 26 sportspersons were honoured with various awards given by the state government at `Shikhar Khel Alankaran Samaroh` held last evening at Tatya Tope Nagar stadium.
Volleyball veteran Ramlal Verma was conferred lifetime achievement award on the occasion.
Mary Kom in her brief speech on the occasion praised sports infrastructure in the state.
Recipients of Vikram awards by state governments were Dileep Singh Negi, Ankit Sonkar, Arti Khakhal, Shanu Mahajan and Surabhi Pathak and those of Eklavya awards were Guneshwari Dhure, Varsha Varman, Raghav Jai Singhania and Rohit Imoliya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader