Mary Kom awarded by Madhya Pradesh government
Bhopal: Olympic bronze medal winner in boxing, M C Mary Kom was presented a cheque of Rs 50 lakh by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at a function held here.
A total of 26 sportspersons were honoured with various awards given by the state government at `Shikhar Khel Alankaran Samaroh` held last evening at Tatya Tope Nagar stadium.
Volleyball veteran Ramlal Verma was conferred lifetime achievement award on the occasion.
Mary Kom in her brief speech on the occasion praised sports infrastructure in the state.
Recipients of Vikram awards by state governments were Dileep Singh Negi, Ankit Sonkar, Arti Khakhal, Shanu Mahajan and Surabhi Pathak and those of Eklavya awards were Guneshwari Dhure, Varsha Varman, Raghav Jai Singhania and Rohit Imoliya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II