Mary Kom felicitated by Mamata
Kolkata: London Olympics bronze medallist M C Mary Kom was on Thursday felicitated with a cash award of Rs 2 lakh by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Mary Kom was also given a bouquet by the chief minister when she met her at the state secretariat.
Banerjee also felicitated four sportspersons from West Bengal who were part of the Indian Olympic squad in London, with Rs 50,000 and a bouquet each.
The four sportspersons were Jaydeep Karmakar (shooting), Rahul Banerjee (archery), Soumajeet Ghosh (table tennis) and Ankita Das (table tennis). Das was not present and was represented by her father.
Sports Minister Madan Mitra was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends