Mary Kom felicitated by Mamata
Kolkata: London Olympics bronze medallist M C Mary Kom was on Thursday felicitated with a cash award of Rs 2 lakh by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Mary Kom was also given a bouquet by the chief minister when she met her at the state secretariat.
Banerjee also felicitated four sportspersons from West Bengal who were part of the Indian Olympic squad in London, with Rs 50,000 and a bouquet each.
The four sportspersons were Jaydeep Karmakar (shooting), Rahul Banerjee (archery), Soumajeet Ghosh (table tennis) and Ankita Das (table tennis). Das was not present and was represented by her father.
Sports Minister Madan Mitra was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met