Mary Kom felicitated by Mamata
Kolkata: London Olympics bronze medallist M C Mary Kom was on Thursday felicitated with a cash award of Rs 2 lakh by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Mary Kom was also given a bouquet by the chief minister when she met her at the state secretariat.
Banerjee also felicitated four sportspersons from West Bengal who were part of the Indian Olympic squad in London, with Rs 50,000 and a bouquet each.
The four sportspersons were Jaydeep Karmakar (shooting), Rahul Banerjee (archery), Soumajeet Ghosh (table tennis) and Ankita Das (table tennis). Das was not present and was represented by her father.
Sports Minister Madan Mitra was also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi