Mary Kom may take part in another Olympic: Sandhu
Jamshedpur: Chief Boxing Coach of India, G S Sandhu today said that London Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom still has enough talent to represent the country in at least one more Olympic games.
Sandhu, who was in the steel city to take part in a sports seminar, today said the temperament and confidence level of the 29-year-old boxer from Manipur was excellent.
But, he said, Mary Kom would have to maintain her form.
A Dronacharya awardee, Sandhu said around 50 boxers were attending the camp in Patiala focusing on the next edition of World Championship to be held in October at Almaty, Kazakhstan.
On appointing foreign coaches, he said there was no harm in that if that was done for short duration but overlooking Indian coaches would not serve the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II