Mary Kom may take part in another Olympic: Sandhu
Jamshedpur: Chief Boxing Coach of India, G S Sandhu today said that London Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom still has enough talent to represent the country in at least one more Olympic games.
Sandhu, who was in the steel city to take part in a sports seminar, today said the temperament and confidence level of the 29-year-old boxer from Manipur was excellent.
But, he said, Mary Kom would have to maintain her form.
A Dronacharya awardee, Sandhu said around 50 boxers were attending the camp in Patiala focusing on the next edition of World Championship to be held in October at Almaty, Kazakhstan.
On appointing foreign coaches, he said there was no harm in that if that was done for short duration but overlooking Indian coaches would not serve the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees