Mary Kom may take part in another Olympic: Sandhu
Jamshedpur: Chief Boxing Coach of India, G S Sandhu today said that London Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom still has enough talent to represent the country in at least one more Olympic games.
Sandhu, who was in the steel city to take part in a sports seminar, today said the temperament and confidence level of the 29-year-old boxer from Manipur was excellent.
But, he said, Mary Kom would have to maintain her form.
A Dronacharya awardee, Sandhu said around 50 boxers were attending the camp in Patiala focusing on the next edition of World Championship to be held in October at Almaty, Kazakhstan.
On appointing foreign coaches, he said there was no harm in that if that was done for short duration but overlooking Indian coaches would not serve the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened