Mary Kom targets gold at Glasgow CWG
Chennai: London Olympics bronze-medallist woman boxer M C Mary Kom is now aiming for a gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Sharing the dias with wrestlers Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt while interacting with students of Vellamal School here today, the five-time world champion talked about her future plans.
"I am confident of winning gold medals in both Glasgow (CWG event slated for November 14) and then in Rio Olympic Games," she said answering a question on her future events.
Claiming that Chennai has been her special venue since winning the first national title here in 2001, Mary Kom said, "I have set my goals and working on plans to compete in higher category events at world level."
Both Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar spent a short time with the students and then they were taken to another branch of the school by the authorites. The three Olympians were given Rs 5 lakh each for their achievements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees