Mary Kom targets gold at Glasgow CWG
Chennai: London Olympics bronze-medallist woman boxer M C Mary Kom is now aiming for a gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Sharing the dias with wrestlers Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar Dutt while interacting with students of Vellamal School here today, the five-time world champion talked about her future plans.
"I am confident of winning gold medals in both Glasgow (CWG event slated for November 14) and then in Rio Olympic Games," she said answering a question on her future events.
Claiming that Chennai has been her special venue since winning the first national title here in 2001, Mary Kom said, "I have set my goals and working on plans to compete in higher category events at world level."
Both Vijay Kumar and Yogeshwar spent a short time with the students and then they were taken to another branch of the school by the authorites. The three Olympians were given Rs 5 lakh each for their achievements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read