Mascot for Asian TT Championship unveiled
New Delhi: Chiku the Champ -- the mascot for the 19th Asian Table Tennis Championship to be held in Lucknow from November 16-22, was unveiled at a ceremony here.
The mascot -- a rabbit, was unveiled by chairman of the tournament’s organising committee and Uttar Pradesh Table Tennis Association president Prabhat C Chaturvedi at a function at the capital last night.
India will be hosting the prestigious tournament for the third time and 23 countries out of 41 Asian members would be participating in the week-long event, to be held at the 4,000-seater Uttar Pradesh Badminton Academy in Gomti Nagar.
The tournament will have eight categories, including two team events, singles, doubles and mixed doubles, Table Tennis Federation of India Secretary Dhanraj Choudhary announced.
Men’s competition will feature world number five Wang Liqin of China, Japanese Mizutani Jun (12th) and Cheung Yuk (15th) of Hong Kong, while Chinese aces Li Xiaoxia (3rd), Liu Shiwen (4th) and Feng Tianwei (7th) would be the main attractions in women’s events.
India have already announced a 20-member probables’ list, which consists of Olympian Achanta Sharath Kamal, woman national champion K Shamini and former national champions Subhajit Saha, Poulomi Ghatak and Mouma Das.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites