Mascot for Asian TT Championship unveiled
New Delhi: Chiku the Champ -- the mascot for the 19th Asian Table Tennis Championship to be held in Lucknow from November 16-22, was unveiled at a ceremony here.
The mascot -- a rabbit, was unveiled by chairman of the tournament’s organising committee and Uttar Pradesh Table Tennis Association president Prabhat C Chaturvedi at a function at the capital last night.
India will be hosting the prestigious tournament for the third time and 23 countries out of 41 Asian members would be participating in the week-long event, to be held at the 4,000-seater Uttar Pradesh Badminton Academy in Gomti Nagar.
The tournament will have eight categories, including two team events, singles, doubles and mixed doubles, Table Tennis Federation of India Secretary Dhanraj Choudhary announced.
Men’s competition will feature world number five Wang Liqin of China, Japanese Mizutani Jun (12th) and Cheung Yuk (15th) of Hong Kong, while Chinese aces Li Xiaoxia (3rd), Liu Shiwen (4th) and Feng Tianwei (7th) would be the main attractions in women’s events.
India have already announced a 20-member probables’ list, which consists of Olympian Achanta Sharath Kamal, woman national champion K Shamini and former national champions Subhajit Saha, Poulomi Ghatak and Mouma Das.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal