Maya Moore renews contract with Shanxi
Taiyuan (China): American small forward Maya Moore has renewed her contract for three years till 2016 with Shanxi women`s basketball team, club president Wang Haizhen said.
Wang said Wednesday that keeping Moore in his team became his top priority after Shanxi clinched the Chinese Women`s Basketball Association (WCBA) league championship. Wang also revealed that he was trying to buy the WNBA broadcasting rights, reports Xinhua.
"During the NBA and CBA off-season, Chinese fans can still enjoy watching the WNBA games," said Wang.
Moore, the 2011 WNBA No.1 draft pick, became the leading scorer of the 2012-13 WCBA league.
Chinese fans have dubbed Moore the "Invincible Queen". Moore averaged 37.3 points, 12.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 3.5 steals and 1.3 blocks per game for Shanxi this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says