Maya Moore renews contract with Shanxi
Taiyuan (China): American small forward Maya Moore has renewed her contract for three years till 2016 with Shanxi women`s basketball team, club president Wang Haizhen said.
Wang said Wednesday that keeping Moore in his team became his top priority after Shanxi clinched the Chinese Women`s Basketball Association (WCBA) league championship. Wang also revealed that he was trying to buy the WNBA broadcasting rights, reports Xinhua.
"During the NBA and CBA off-season, Chinese fans can still enjoy watching the WNBA games," said Wang.
Moore, the 2011 WNBA No.1 draft pick, became the leading scorer of the 2012-13 WCBA league.
Chinese fans have dubbed Moore the "Invincible Queen". Moore averaged 37.3 points, 12.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 3.5 steals and 1.3 blocks per game for Shanxi this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in