Maya Moore renews contract with Shanxi
Taiyuan (China): American small forward Maya Moore has renewed her contract for three years till 2016 with Shanxi women`s basketball team, club president Wang Haizhen said.
Wang said Wednesday that keeping Moore in his team became his top priority after Shanxi clinched the Chinese Women`s Basketball Association (WCBA) league championship. Wang also revealed that he was trying to buy the WNBA broadcasting rights, reports Xinhua.
"During the NBA and CBA off-season, Chinese fans can still enjoy watching the WNBA games," said Wang.
Moore, the 2011 WNBA No.1 draft pick, became the leading scorer of the 2012-13 WCBA league.
Chinese fans have dubbed Moore the "Invincible Queen". Moore averaged 37.3 points, 12.1 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 3.5 steals and 1.3 blocks per game for Shanxi this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users