Me and Jwala can be inside world`s top-10 by year end: Ashwini
New Delhi: Bubbling with new-found confidence after a successful Sudirman Cup campaign, promising women`s doubles shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa said she and her partner Jwala Gutta can hope to be among the world`s top-10 by the end of this year.
Ashwini and Jwala beat world number eight Thai pair Duanganong Aroonkesorn and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul in a crucial match in the second Group C tie of the Sudirman Cup in Qingdao, China recently which helped them reach the quarterfinals for the first time.
Ashwini said the performance was a reflection of the hard work that they have put in.
"We are very satisfied with our performance. It only shows that besides the top four, rest are beatable. To beat the top four we have to put in more hard work and we are training hard, we will be there soon," Ashwini told reporters.
"We have really put in a lot of hard work in the last few months and this win will boost our confidence to do well and qualify for the London Olympics," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?