Me and Jwala can be inside world`s top-10 by year end: Ashwini
New Delhi: Bubbling with new-found confidence after a successful Sudirman Cup campaign, promising women`s doubles shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa said she and her partner Jwala Gutta can hope to be among the world`s top-10 by the end of this year.
Ashwini and Jwala beat world number eight Thai pair Duanganong Aroonkesorn and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul in a crucial match in the second Group C tie of the Sudirman Cup in Qingdao, China recently which helped them reach the quarterfinals for the first time.
Ashwini said the performance was a reflection of the hard work that they have put in.
"We are very satisfied with our performance. It only shows that besides the top four, rest are beatable. To beat the top four we have to put in more hard work and we are training hard, we will be there soon," Ashwini told reporters.
"We have really put in a lot of hard work in the last few months and this win will boost our confidence to do well and qualify for the London Olympics," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried