Medal hungry Sushil Kumar eyes gold in Rio
Nagpur: After improving his 2008 Beijing Olympics bronze to silver in London, Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar has set his target on a gold in the next Games in Rio de Janerio.
Interacting with the 65th batch of trainee officers of Indian Revenue Service (IRS) at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) on Friday, Kumar said, "We don`t have dearth of talent but only need to provide proper training facilities to needy players."
Revealing his plans, Sushil said he was keen to open wrestling academies in the country.
"I have offered to set up wrestling academies but would like to concentrate on Rio Games," the 66 kg category wrestler said.
"I follow a strict diet under the watchful eyes of my coaches and being a pure vegetarian, it has not affected me in any way," Sushil, a recipient of Rajiv Gadhi khel Ratna award of 2009, claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi