Medical report claims Pinki Pramanik has ‘male features’
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kolkata: Tainted athlete, Pinki Pramanik’s medical report has indicated that the Asian Games gold medalist has predominantly male features.
According to Indian Express, the 11-member medical board of the SSKM Hospital on Tuesday concluded that Pramanik has 46, XY Karyotype which is common in a normal male.
“Normal Karyotypes for females contain two X chromosomes and are denoted as 46, XX. Males have an X and a Y chromosome and are denoted 46, XY. Tests reports revealed that Pramanik has predominantly male features. The test reports, along with our observations, has been submitted to the court,” a member of the medical board was quoted as saying by the daily.
“At the same time, Pramanik has the disorder of sexual development. In medical science not everything can be said in black and white. This case has shades of grey. Pramanik does not have all the features that a normal adult male has,” he added.
The test was conducted following charges of rape by a 30-year-old woman who claimed that Pinki was a male.
The former middle-distance runner was in judicial custody since June 14 and walked out of jail on Wednesday claiming innocence.
Pramanik had won the 4x400m relay gold in the 2006 Doha Asiad and silver in the same event at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
She also bagged three gold medals in the 2006 SAF Games in Colombo when she won the 400m, 800m and 4x400m relay events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja