Mehta in main round of International Snooker Championship
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta defeated local player Zhu Yinghui in the wild card entry round at the International Snooker Championship at Chengdu in China on Sunday.
Mehta defeated Yinghui 6-5 to book a berth in the last 32 stage of the tournament at the Sichuan International Tennis Center.
After an equal score of 2-2, Mehta took the lead in the fifth frame but lost out on the sixth to equal up again. After losing the seventh frame too, Mehta won back with a break of 107 for the scoreline to become 4-4.
Then, it was Mehta all the way as he won the ninth frame to take the lead and seal the match in the decider frame 6-5.
An excited Mehta said, "This was indeed a superb win for me and I take great pride in having won this match. We kept playing close until the end. This is a good start of the tournament and I`m gearing up for the upcoming matches."
Mehta plays Stuart Bingham in Round One tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers