Mehta in main round of International Snooker Championship
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta defeated local player Zhu Yinghui in the wild card entry round at the International Snooker Championship at Chengdu in China on Sunday.
Mehta defeated Yinghui 6-5 to book a berth in the last 32 stage of the tournament at the Sichuan International Tennis Center.
After an equal score of 2-2, Mehta took the lead in the fifth frame but lost out on the sixth to equal up again. After losing the seventh frame too, Mehta won back with a break of 107 for the scoreline to become 4-4.
Then, it was Mehta all the way as he won the ninth frame to take the lead and seal the match in the decider frame 6-5.
An excited Mehta said, "This was indeed a superb win for me and I take great pride in having won this match. We kept playing close until the end. This is a good start of the tournament and I`m gearing up for the upcoming matches."
Mehta plays Stuart Bingham in Round One tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor