Mehta in main round of International Snooker Championship
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta defeated local player Zhu Yinghui in the wild card entry round at the International Snooker Championship at Chengdu in China on Sunday.
Mehta defeated Yinghui 6-5 to book a berth in the last 32 stage of the tournament at the Sichuan International Tennis Center.
After an equal score of 2-2, Mehta took the lead in the fifth frame but lost out on the sixth to equal up again. After losing the seventh frame too, Mehta won back with a break of 107 for the scoreline to become 4-4.
Then, it was Mehta all the way as he won the ninth frame to take the lead and seal the match in the decider frame 6-5.
An excited Mehta said, "This was indeed a superb win for me and I take great pride in having won this match. We kept playing close until the end. This is a good start of the tournament and I`m gearing up for the upcoming matches."
Mehta plays Stuart Bingham in Round One tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley