Mehta stuns world no. 10 in International Snooker
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta on Wednesday stunned Stuart Bingham of England in opening round to advance to last 16 stage in the International Snooker Championships at Chengdu in China.
Mehta, who made it to the top tournament via the qualifiers, beat world number 10 Bingham 6-4.
The Indian led 4-0 through the first half of the match but Bingham fought back to level the score by winning the next four frames.
Mehta took the lead again in the ninth frame and kept his cool to seal the match 6-4 in the 10th frame.
"This is a huge achievement not just for me but also for my country. It`s only after a really long time has someone from India made it to Round 2 of the Venue Stages. I held on to win it even though he did put immense pressure on me after recovering to 4 all," said an ecstatic Mehta after the match.
Mehta takes on world number two Judd Trump of England in next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months