Mehta stuns world no. 10 in International Snooker
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta on Wednesday stunned Stuart Bingham of England in opening round to advance to last 16 stage in the International Snooker Championships at Chengdu in China.
Mehta, who made it to the top tournament via the qualifiers, beat world number 10 Bingham 6-4.
The Indian led 4-0 through the first half of the match but Bingham fought back to level the score by winning the next four frames.
Mehta took the lead again in the ninth frame and kept his cool to seal the match 6-4 in the 10th frame.
"This is a huge achievement not just for me but also for my country. It`s only after a really long time has someone from India made it to Round 2 of the Venue Stages. I held on to win it even though he did put immense pressure on me after recovering to 4 all," said an ecstatic Mehta after the match.
Mehta takes on world number two Judd Trump of England in next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?