Mehta stuns world no. 10 in International Snooker
New Delhi: India`s ace cueist Aditya Mehta on Wednesday stunned Stuart Bingham of England in opening round to advance to last 16 stage in the International Snooker Championships at Chengdu in China.
Mehta, who made it to the top tournament via the qualifiers, beat world number 10 Bingham 6-4.
The Indian led 4-0 through the first half of the match but Bingham fought back to level the score by winning the next four frames.
Mehta took the lead again in the ninth frame and kept his cool to seal the match 6-4 in the 10th frame.
"This is a huge achievement not just for me but also for my country. It`s only after a really long time has someone from India made it to Round 2 of the Venue Stages. I held on to win it even though he did put immense pressure on me after recovering to 4 all," said an ecstatic Mehta after the match.
Mehta takes on world number two Judd Trump of England in next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters